ICAR Entrance Examinations [AIEEA (UG), AIEEA (PG) & AICEJRF/SRF(Ph.D)]- 2020 Schedule, Eligibility, Applications, Syllabus, Admit Card
The NTA will conduct ICAR Entrance Examinations [AIEEA (UG), AIEEA (PG) & AICEJRF/SRF(Ph.D)]- 2020 on 01 JUNE, 2020.
FEE DETAILS AND IMPORTANT DATES:
i. Online submission of Application Form- 01.03.2020-31.03.2020
ii. Last date of successful transaction of fee- 01.03.2020-31.03.2020
iii. Correction in particulars of Application Form- 25.04.2020-02.05.2020
iv. Downloading of Admit Cards from NTA website- 08.05.2020
v. Date of Examination- 01.06.2020
Duration of Examination- 150 minutes (2½ hours)
Timing of Examination- 9:30 a.m-12:00 noon
Centre, Date and Shift of Examination- As indicated on Admit Card
vi. Display of attempted Question Paper and Provisional Answer Keys- To be announced later
vii. Declaration of Result on NTA website- 15.06.2020
viii. Schedule for Online Counselling- To be announced by the ICAR on www.icar.org.in after the declaration of result
Fee Payable by candidates-
General/Unreserved, Other Backward Classes (OBC)-(NCL)* & UPS**/ EWS*** Rs. 750/-
SC/ST/PwD/Transgender Rs. 375/-
Processing charges & GST are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable.
Degree Programmes available for Admission in 2020-21. During academic session 2020-21, admission to 11 Bachelor degree programmes of four years duration in the subjects-
01. B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture
02. B.Sc. (Hons.) Horticulture
04. B.Sc. (Hons.) Forestry
05. B.Sc. (Hons.) Community Science
06. Food Nutrition and Dietetics*
07. B.Sc. (Hons.) Sericulture
08. B. Tech. Agricultural Engineering
09. B. Tech. Dairy Technology
10. B. Tech. Food Technology
11. B. Tech. Bio- Technology
is available to Indian Nationals based on the meritrank in ICAR AIEEA(UG)-2020. Candidates may note that all Undergraduate Degrees in the disciplines of Agricultural Sciences have been declared as professional degrees.
University-Wise and Subject–Wise Seats Available for Admission
Number of seats available for admission through AIEEA (UG) in different disciplines at accredited Agricultural Universities (including non-accredited RLBCAU, Jhansi and some non-accredited programmes and colleges of Dr. RPCAU, Pusa) for the academic session 2020-21 will be displayed on ICAR website www.icar.org.in at the time of counseling.
Scheme of Examination
The test of AIEEA (UG) 2020 is a single test of 02:30 hours duration. Details of the test are as given below:
Mode of Examination- LAN Based CBT
Duration- 02:30 hours
Number of Questions- 150 (50 in each subject)
Type of Questions- Multiple Choice with 4 options
4 marks for each correct response
-1 mark for each incorrect response (negative scoring)
0 for non-attempt
Medium of Paper- English and Hindi
Syllabus for the Test
The Questions in the test shall be based on the syllabus prescribed by the ICAR, which is available at the website www.icar.org.in.
General Eligibility Criteria to appear in AIEEA (UG)- 2020
The eligibility qualifications for various degree programmes-
01. B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture- PCB/PCMB/ PCM/Inter-Agriculture
02. B.Sc. (Hons.) Horticulture- PCB/PCMB/PCM/Inter-Agriculture
03. B.F.Sc. PCB/PCMB/ Inter-Agriculture
04. B.Sc. (Hons.) Forestry PCB/PCMB/ Inter-Agriculture
05. B.Sc. (Hons.) Community Science- PCB/ PCMB/ PCM
06. Food Nutrition and Dietetics* PCB/ PCMB/ PCM
07. B.Sc. (Hons.) Sericulture- PCB/ PCMB/ PCM
08. B. Tech. Agricultural Engineering- PCM/ PCMB
09. B. Tech. Dairy Technology- PCM/PCMB
10. B. Tech. Food Technology PCM/PCMB
11. B. Tech. Bio- Technology PCM/PCMB/PCB
Qualifying Examination at 10+2 Level
1. In order to appear in AIEEA (UG) 2020, Indian national candidates must have passed 10+2 Senior Secondary Examination of the Central Board of Secondary Education or any other examination within scope and standard found to be equivalent to the Senior Secondary Examination of a recognised Indian Board/University (Annexure VI), with minimum prescribed marks/grade, after a period of 12 years of study. The medium of instruction in the admitting University will be English.
2. Candidate must have passed any one of the qualifying examinations enumerated above securing not less than 50% marks in aggregate for General, OBC (NCL), UPS, EWS categories and 40% marks in aggregate for SC, ST, Transgender, PwD categories. There will be no rounding-off of the OGPA/percentage of marks of qualifying examination while deciding the basic eligibility of any candidate for admission e.g. if a candidate obtained 49.99% marks in his/her qualifying examination, then it will not be rounded-off to 50%.
3. Candidate having a compartment/ supplementary in any of the subjects will not be eligible unless proof of having cleared the examination with requisite percentage asabove is available.
4. Candidate already appeared in the qualifying examination enumerated above, can also apply but would be required to submit evidence of having satisfied the conditions latest at the time of counselling/admission in the allotted university.
5. Candidate must ensure that he/she fulfills the eligibility requirements for the examination as well as admission as detailed in the Information Bulletin. Applying for AIEEA (UG) 2020, appearing in the examination and qualifying the same does not necessarily mean acceptance of eligibility. The applicant for a particular Subject must satisfy the eligibility criteria as specified in this Information Bulletin (or its amendments / corrections).
No certificates are required to be uploaded along with the Application Form at the time of online submission.
The documents / certificates etc., shall be verified directly at the time of admission in the admitting university. In case the candidate is found not-eligible at any stage, his/her candidature would be summarily rejected and admission will be cancelled.
Indian Nationals of at least 16 years of age as on 31.08.2020 are eligible to apply for the examination. No relaxation is admissible regarding the minimum age limit.
Instructions for filling Online Application Form
Candidates may apply for ICAR-AIEEA (UG) 2020 in “Online” Mode ONLY by accessing the website https://nta.ac.in, https://icar.nta.nic.in . The Application Form in other than online mode would not be accepted, in any case. Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate for the same level of programme. More than one application i.e. Multiple application forms submitted by a candidate will be summarily rejected.
For more info- Click here
To Apply online for AIEEA UG- Click here