CLAT 2019 Schedule, Eligibility, Application, Syllabus, Admit Card, Counselling
The online enrollment for CLAT 2019 will open on 13th January 2019 and close on 31st March 2019.
The applications has to be submitted ONLINE only from clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in website.
1. There will be no upper age limit for UG Programme in CLAT 2019.
2. As regards minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2 or an equivalent examination), the candidates must have secured:
i). Forty five percent (45%) marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCIcategories
ii). Forty Percent (40%) marks or equivalent in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
3. Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination in March/April, 2019 are also eligible to appear in CLAT-2019 examination. However, they shall be required to produce an evidence of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
4. The result of the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2) shall be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission failing which the candidate shall be ineligible for admission to the Course.
5. In case of equal marks, the break of tie shall be by the following procedure and order as under:
i). Higher marks in the component /section on legal aptitude in the CLAT-2019 exam;
ii). Higher age;
iii). Computerised draw of lots.
1. An LL.B Degree or an equivalent examination with a minimum of Fifty five percent (55%) of marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI categories and Fifty percent (50%) of marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
2. Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination in April/May 2019 are also eligible to apply.
3. No upper age limit is prescribed for appearing in CLAT-2019.
Scope and coverage of questions under different subject areas:
English including comprehension:
The English section will test the candidate's proficiency in English based on comprehension passages and grammar. In the comprehension section, candidates will be assessed on their understanding of the passage and its central theme, meanings of words used therein, etc. The grammar section requires correction of incorrect grammatical sentences, filling of blanks in sentences with appropriate words, etc.
General Knowledge and Current Affairs:
The General knowledge will be evaluated on the general awareness including static general knowledge. Questions on current affairs will test the candidate's on their knowledge of national and international current affairs.
This section will test the candidate's knowledge on elementary mathematics, i.e., maths taught upto 10th Class/Standard.
This section will test the candidate’s interest towards the study of law, research aptitude and problem solving ability. Questions may include legal propositions (described in the paper), and a set of facts to which the said proposition has to be applied. Some propositions may not be “true” in the real sense, candidates will have to assume the “truth” of these propositions and answer the questions accordingly.
The purpose of the logical reasoning section is to test the candidate’s ability to identify patterns, logical links and rectify illogical arguments. It may include a variety of logical reasoning questions such as syllogisms, logical sequences, analogies, etc. However, visual reasoning will not be tested.
The pattern of Question Paper for the UG Courses in CLAT-2019
Maximum Marks- 200
Duration of CLAT-2019 Exam- 02:00 Hours
Multiple-Choice Questions- 200 questions of one mark each
Subject areas with weight-age:
English including comprehension- 40 Marks
General Knowledge and Current Affairs- 50 Marks
Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)- 20 Marks
Legal Aptitude- 50 Marks
Logical Reasoning- 40 Marks
Negative Marking- 0.25 Mark for each wrong answer
The pattern of Question Paper and syllabus for the PG Programme in CLAT-2019
The pattern of the question paper for admission to the Post-Graduate Course for CLAT-2019 is as under:
Maximum Marks- 150
Duration of CLAT-2019 Exam- 02:00 Hours
Multiple-Choice Questions- 100 questions of one mark each
Subjective Questions- 50 Marks (Two Essay type questions each of 25 Marks)
Constitutional Law- 40 Marks
Other Law Subjects such as Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, IPR and Jurisprudence.- 60 Marks
Negative Marking- 0.25 Mark will be deducted for each wrong answer
CLAT 2019 Exam
The CLAT 2019 examination will be held on Sunday, the 12th May 2019 (3:00 PM to 5:00 PM)
The CLAT 2019 examination will be held in OFFLINE mode
How To Apply for CLAT 2019
The candidates are first required to register themselves at the CLAT-2019 website by using personal mobile number and e-mail Id. Upon registration, an OTP will be sent to the given mobile number for validation. Once your mobile number is validated, you can login using your mobile number and the password you provided at the time of registration.
Fill the form carefully. The Name of the candidate and the parents should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates/Mark sheets/Identity proof. Any change/alteration found may disqualify your candidature.
No alteration/editing in the online application form can be done after successful submission/final submission of the form. The information once furnished by the candidate with regard to the category to which the candidate belongs, the preference for the NLUs and the Centre of the Entrance Test submitted by the candidates through online application mode shall be final and no change whatsoever, shall be allowed thereafter under any circumstances.
The candidate shall fill his/her preference order for all 21 NLUs at the time of online application itself. No change shall be allowed in the preference once the form is submitted by the candidate.
Documents to be uploaded with the Online Application.
i. Front facing passport size recent photograph with plain background
ii. Signature of the candidate
iii. Category certificate if you are applying under SC/ST/OBC
iv. Relevant certificate issued by competent authority if you are applying if candidate is P.W.D
v. Relevant certificate issued by competent authority if you are coming under BPL category
vi. Relevant certificate for your respective State of Domicile
i. The original certificates/documents issued by the competent authority as specified in the brochure are to be submitted to the allotted University in the form and manner as specified by the respective universities at the time of admission.
ii. The photograph and signature of the candidate need not be attested while submitting the Online Application Form.
iii. No hard copy of the filled in online application form is to be sent to the CLAT Consortium Office.
iv. All documents/certificates should be uploaded in pdf format only.
Application fees can be paid only online.
Application fee for General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI candidates : Rs.4,000/-
Application fee for SC/ST/BPL category candidates: Rs.3,500/-
Admit Card/Hall ticket
The Admit Card/Hall ticket can be downloaded by the candidate by logging into his/her account. The exact date on which the hall tickets will be made available will be intimated on the website.
The admission to UG and PG programmes in participating universities under CLAT-2019 shall be completed through centralised online counselling conducted by the CLAT Consortium Office. The basis of allotment of seats shall be 'merit-cum-preference', i.e., the CLAT Rank, the order of preference given by the candidate in the CLAT application form and the category/categories selected by the candidate in the online application form and the number of seats and their division/break-up as available in each of the participating NLU. Online counselling shall start after the declaration of CLAT-2019 results.
1. Information regarding the details of intake, reservation policies and the courses offered along with the fee structures of various participating National Law Universities is available in the Information Brochure which can be accessed from the official website of CLAT and also from the websites of the participating NLUs.
2. If a candidate has filled-in more than one online application form, the candidate's last online application form only will be considered. In such cases, the application fee for the previous application forms will not be refunded.
The allotment of seats and the offer for admission under CLAT-2019 shall be provisional and shall not create any right of admission in favour of a candidate.
Candidates are advised to visit CLAT-2019 website regularly for updates.
For more info visit the official website- https://clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in/