RBI Recruitment- 2019 for the post of Assistant
The Reserve Bank of India invites applications from eligible candidates for 926 posts of “Assistant” - 2019 in various offices of the Bank. Selection for the post will be through a country-wide competitive examination in two phases i.e. Preliminary and Main examination followed by a Language Proficiency Test (LPT). Please note that Corrigendum, if any, issued on the above advertisement, will be published only on the Bank’s website- www.rbi.org.in.
Applications will be accepted only Online through the Bank’s website www.rbi.org.in. No other mode for submission of application is available.
Website Link Open 23.12.2019 to 16.01.2020
Payment of Examination Fees (Online) 23.12.2019 to 16.01.2020
Schedule of Online Preliminary Test (Tentative) February 14 & 15, 2020. However, RBI reserves the right to change the dates of examination.
Schedule of Online Main Test (Tentative) March 2020. However, RBI reserves the right to change the dates of examination.
Details of Vacancies-
Ahmedabad- - 19
Kanpur & Lucknow- 63
New Delhi- 34
Thiruvananthapuram & Kochi- 20
For more details- Click here
(a) Age (as on 01.12.2019)
Between 20 and 28 years. Candidates must have been born not earlier than 02/12/1991 and not later than 01/12/1999 (both days including) are only eligible to apply.
Relaxation in the Upper Age Limit:
Upper age limit will be relaxed as per norms.
(b) Educational Qualifications (as on 01.12.2019):
i) At least a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks (pass class for SC/ST/PWD candidates) in the aggregate and the knowledge of word processing on PC.
ii) A candidate belonging to Ex-servicemen category (except dependents of ex-servicemen) should either be a graduate from a recognized University or should have passed the matriculation or its equivalent examination of the Armed Forces and rendered at least 15 years of defence service.
iii) Candidates applying for post in a particular recruiting office should be proficient in the language (i.e. know to read, write, speak and understand the language) of the state/ any of the states falling under the recruiting office.
(1) The date of passing eligibility will be the date appearing on the mark sheet or provisional certificate issued by the University/ Institute. In case the result of a particular examination is posted on the website of the University/ Institute, a certificate issued by the appropriate authority of the University/ Institute indicating the date on which the result was posted on the website will be taken as the date of passing.
(2) Candidate should indicate the percentage obtained in Graduation calculated to the nearest two decimals in the online application. Where CGPA/OGPA is awarded, the same should be converted into percentage and indicated in online application. If called for document verification, the candidate will have to produce a certificate issued by the appropriate authority inter alia stating the norms of the University regarding conversion of grade into percentage and the percentage of marks by the candidates in terms of norms.
(3) Calculation of Percentage: The percentage marks shall be arrived at by dividing the total marks obtained by the candidate in all the subjects in all the semester(s)/year(s) by aggregating maximum marks in all the subjects irrespective of honors / optional / additional optional subject, if any. This will be applicable for those Universities also where Class/Grade is decided on the basis of Honors marks only. The fraction of percentage so arrived will be ignored i.e. 49.99% will be treated as less than 50%.
(c) Scheme of Selection:
I. Preliminary Examination (Multiple Choice):
Sr. No. Name of Tests
(Objective) No. of Questions Maximum Marks Total Time
1 English Language 30 30 20 minutes
2 Numerical Ability 35 35 20 minutes
3 Reasoning Ability 35 35 20 minutes
Total 100 100 60 minutes
II. Main Examination (Multiple Choice):
Sr. No. Name of Tests
(Objective) No of Questions Maximum Marks Duration
1 Test of Reasoning 40 40 30 minutes
2 Test of English Language 40 40 30 minutes
3 Test of Numerical Ability 40 40 30 minutes
4 Test of General Awareness 40 40 25 minutes
5 Test of Computer Knowledge 40 40 20 minutes
Total 200 200 135 minutes
III. Language Proficiency Test (LPT) -
The candidates provisionally shortlisted from the main on-line examination will have to undergo a language proficiency test (LPT). The language proficiency test will be conducted in the Official / Local Language of the State concerned as detailed below). Candidate not proficient in the Official / Local Language shall be disqualified.
The Office wise local language/s is/are as follows:
Ahmedabad – Gujarati
Bengaluru – Kannada
Bhopal – Hindi
Bhubaneswar - Oriya
Chandigarh – Punjabi / Hindi
Chennai – Tamil
Guwahati – Assamese / Bengali / Khasi / Manipuri / Bodo / Mizo
Hyderabad – Telugu
Jaipur – Hindi
Jammu – Urdu / Hindi / Kashmiri
Kanpur & Lucknow – Hindi
Kolkata – Bengali / Nepali
Mumbai – Marathi / Konkani
Nagpur – Marathi / Hindi
New Delhi – Hindi
Patna – Hindi / Maithili
Thiruvananthapuram – Malayalam
i) The above online test/s except the Test of English Language will be available bilingually, i.e. English and Hindi.
ii) Candidates will have to pass in each of the objective tests of the online examinations
iii) A candidate has to qualify in Preliminary Examination for appearing in Main Examination.
iv) There will be negative marks for wrong answers in the Objective tests (Preliminary and Main examination). 1/4th marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
v) Other detailed information regarding the examination will be given in an Information Handout, which will be made available for the candidates to download along with the call letter for examination from the RBI’s website i.e. www.rbi.org.in
vi) Roll No. of the candidates successful in preliminary online examination will be made available on RBI’s website in February/March 2020. The Roll No. of candidates successful in main online examination will be made available on RBI’s website and a brief notice thereof will be published on the Bank’s website in March/April 2020. The successful candidates from the main on-line examination will be intimated on Bank’s website for submission of requisite documents to the Regional Office, within a period of fifteen days and no email/ sms in this regard will be sent to them.
vii) Only such number of candidates will be called for Language Proficiency Test who stand sufficiently high in merit based on the aggregate marks of the main on-line examination, Such merit will be decided by the Bank in relation to the number of notified vacancies to be filled in.
viii) LPT is mandatory. No exemption of any sort will be given to any candidate from appearing in LPT, which will be conducted at respective Offices of the Bank. Final Selection will depend, on the performance in online test, qualifying in LPT, Medical fitness, verification of certificates, Biometric Data, etc. to the Bank’s satisfaction. Decision of the Bank in this regard, shall be final. Biometric verification and LPT are qualifying in nature and the final selection will only be based on performance in main on-line examination.
ix) Appointment of selected candidate will be subject his/her being declared medically fit as per the rules of the Bank.
x) BIOMETRIC DATA- Capturing and Verification
The candidate appearing for main on-line examination will be required to provide biometric data. The biometric data will be captured at the time of entry in to the examination hall and stored in the repository as a registered data. Subsequently, at the time of exit from the examination hall, biometric data captured and verified with the registered biometric data, captured at the time of entry. Further, Biometric verification will also be conducted at the time of document verification and may also be carried out at any of the stage, as Bank may dim fit. In the event of mismatched of verification of biometric data, the candidature of the candidate will be treated as cancelled and he/she will not be considered for selection process. The biometric data will be captured from the left hand thumb, if it is damaged/ injured, the candidate shall immediately before registration of biometric process, notify in writing to the examination conducting body and avail of any of the following alternative mode of biometric capturing & verification :
a) Biometric of toes or
b) Biometric of other fingers.
If the candidate fails to notify in writing about the damaged/ injured to the thumb at the time of registration biometric data, he/ she will be fully responsible for subsequent mismatch on account of any of the said deformities and his/her candidature will be liable to be cancelled and no communication/ correspondence in this regard will be entertained by the Bank.
In case of mismatch of biometric data, signature verification and matching of photographs taken during the on-line examination will be considered for ascertaining the identity of the candidate.
Decision of the Biometric data verification authority with regard to its status (matched or unmatched) shall be final and binding upon the candidates.
(i) Pay Scale:
Assistants will draw a starting basic pay of ₹ 14,650/- per month (i.e. ₹ 13,150/- plus two advance increments admissible to Graduates) in the scale of ₹ 13150 – 750(3) – 15400 – 900(4) – 19000 – 1200(6) – 26200 – 1300(2) – 28800 –1480(3) – 33240 – 1750(1) – 34990 (20 years) and other allowances, viz. Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, City Compensatory Allowance, Transport Allowance etc., as admissible from time to time. At present, initial monthly Gross emoluments for Assistants approximately ₹ 36091/-.
* House Rent Allowance will not be paid to the employee, if Bank’s accommodation is provided and license fee will be recovered from her/him @ 0.3% of pay at the starting stage of the pay scale of Class III.
Examination fees/ Intimation Charges (Non- Refundable)
Payable from 23.12.2019 to 16.01.2020 (Online payment)
- ₹ 50/- for SC/ST/PWD/EXS. (Intimation Charges)
- ₹ 450/- for OBC/General/EWS candidates (Examination fees+ Intimation Charges)
Staff candidates are exempted from payment of examination fee and intimation charges.
Bank Transaction charges for Online Payment of examination fees/intimation charges will have to be borne by the candidate.
1. Candidates may go to the RBI website www.rbi.org.in and click on the option "Recruitment for the post of Assistant" which will open a new screen.
2. To register application, choose the tab "Click here for New Registration" and enter Name, Contact details and Email-id. A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional Registration Number and Password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent.
3. In case the candidate is unable to complete the application form in one go, he / she can save the data already entered by choosing "SAVE AND NEXT" tab. Prior to submission of the online application candidates are advised to use the "SAVE AND NEXT" facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required. Visually Impaired candidates should fill the application form carefully and verify/ get the details verified to ensure that the same are correct prior to final submission.
4. Candidates are advised to carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application themselves as no change will be possible/ entertained after clicking the FINAL SUBMIT BUTTON.
5. The Name of the candidate or his /her Father/ Husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates/ Mark sheets/Identity proof. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
6. Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the 'Validate your details' and 'Save & Next' button.
7. Candidates can proceed to upload Photo & Signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature.
8. Candidates can proceed to fill other details of the Application Form.
9. Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before FINAL SUBMIT.
10. Modify details, if required, and click on 'FINAL SUBMIT' ONLY after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, signature uploaded and other details filled by you are correct.
11. Click on 'Payment' Tab and proceed for payment.
12. Click on 'Submit' button.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates can apply online only from 23.12.2019 to 16.01.2020 and no other mode of application will be accepted.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO BE NOTED BEFORE REGISTRATION
Before applying online, candidates should-
i. Scan their photograph and signature ensuring that both the photograph and signature adhere to the required specifications as given under Guideline for photograph & signature scan and upload.
ii. Have a valid personal email ID and mobile no., which should be kept active till the completion of this Recruitment Process. Bank may send call letters for the Examination etc. through the registered e-mail ID. Under no circumstances, a candidate should share with /mention e mail id to any other person. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID and mobile no. before applying on-line and must maintain that email account and mobile number.
For more details- Click here